Thursday 4 October 2007

Are these guys for real??

Yesterday I posted about the appropriate use of keywords on your website in order to improve position rankings on Google.

I got lots of emails as a result, most of which were positive, a few neutral, and 3 or 4 that were from people who'd hit 'unsubscribe' on my autoresponder and left snarky comments about what a waste of time the newsletter is and how I share crap information that doesn't work.

That may be how they feel about me and they're certainly entitled to their opinions, but I always try to evalute the comments (both good and bad) that I get from my readers to see if I can learn more.

In this case, I checked out the websites of my three accusers and found that their pages were WAYYYY down in Googles ranks.

Specifically, they were at page 18, page 12 and page 8 for the search terms 'personal trainer' and 'personal training' in their home towns.

Not only that, they either had too many keywords or none at all!

Look, you don't have to like me, you don't have to agree with me and you don't have to do ANYTHING with what I share with you.

You don't.

That's completely up to you.

BUT...

When you're at page 18 on Google (or 12, or 8) don't write me offensive, rude and unfriendly mails telling me 'I don't know jack'. A page one Google listing for Personal Training London is about as good as it gets... and I got it.

Not only that, I'm telling YOU how to get it too and not charging you a penny for the priviledge.

Think on this...

Dax
www.personaltrainersuccessacademy.com

No comments: