Sunday 11 November 2007

The Truth About Passive Income...

It's been a rather unusual Sunday for me today.

Because I'm taking 5 days off next week to go to Craig Ballantyne's Online Super Profits seminar in Palm Beach, I'm 'catching up in advance' on a lot of things that'll need taking care of in my absence.

So far I've communicated with mentor students, written 5 different newsletters for various lists and even managed to talk with my good friend Pat Rigsby about various projects we're both working on.

Strangely enough, although I've actually done a lot of work, it's been a low-key, stress free day too.

I've really enjoyed it actually.

In fact, I've enjoyed it quite a bit more because whilst I've been sitting here today I've gotten to hear a regular 'click' in my inbox as various products have sold.

Today alone I've sold 7 copies of The MAGIC Hundred and 5 copies of the Scientific Advertising For The Fitness Professional and made 4 affiliate sales of Holly Rigsby's Fit Yummy Mummy. Not exactly the largest ever sales receipts but then, I've made over $800 today without doing ANYTHING to create these sales.

I've done nothing whatsoever.

In fact, the last MAGIC Hundred email I sent out was about 4 months ago and I think it's been about 10 months since I did any work on Scientific Advertising.

So I've earned $800 for work I did ages ago, not bad huh?

But the thing is, that's not unusual.

Granted, some weeks it'll be more like $300 and others it may go over $3000 but regardless of the amount, I'm earning money whilst I sleep, whilst I sit on the beach, whilst I'm in the bath.

I'm not bragging. I'm really not.

In fact, I wouldn't have believed anybody that told me this was possible 5 years ago and yet this year I've proven that semi-passive income is really possible again and again and again.

In February my wife Deana and I went to the Arctic circle for 4 days where we stayed at the Ice hotel and went on a ski-safari and saw the Northern lights. The trip was paid for from the amazing $100,000 plus sales of The MAGIC Hundred and, amazingly, was REPAID whilst I was in Norway with sales that were maid in my absence. In other words, it was free.

(Photograph to follow - it's on my studio computer)

In May I spent a week in Krabi Province, Thailand where I was writing my 90 day program for http://www.lookgreatnakedchallenge.com/ . I flew business class return on that trip and stayed at the amazing Rayavadee resort all paid for with the $33,000 I made in sales from the beta-test I made from the program (this is before I even launched the program to the internet for real) and again, whilst I was away, that same program sold several thousand more. Result? Free trip, and business class at that.
The beautiful Krabi region.

Not a bad year so far right?

But it doesn't stop there!

My summer vacation took me and my family to Australia where we toured the outback in a luxury camper van that we took to Kakadu, all throughout the Northern territories and down to Alice spring, Uluru and Kings canyon and even over to the tropical far North Queensland, the Jungles and the Great Barrier Reef.


Some of my 'tribe' (Reece, Sara and Connor) and me at Uluru.

It was on this trip that I fell and broke several ribs and was forced to extend my vacation to 8 weeks instead of four so that I could heal up. Those extra 4 weeks were spend in Thailand and, all the while, my e-products continued to sell. So much so that the extra 4 weeks (in the plushest resort in the area) were practically paid for whilst I, quite literally, sat by the pool drinking cocktails.

And the best thing is, my year's not even over.

I'm in Palm beach for 5 days next week and my family and I are already planning our winter hols.

Why Am I Telling You All This?

Believe me, it's not to blow my own trumpet, but simply because as I sat here this afternoon, I recieved email after email from FITPRO's who were asking about this 'passive income thing' and who were saying that most of what they were learning from the fitness industry 'guru's (and the finger was pointed at me too) was B.S and that success on the scale that's often promised is not possible.

So, I guess I wrote this today to prove that it is.

It really is!

6 years ago I had nothing and struggled to pay the bills and today I spend more on my travel and adventure every year than most personal trainers will even earn.

It IS possible.

But you've got to really want it. I mean REALLY want it.

The thing is, the whole 'passive income' thing is kind of a misnomer. It's not passive really. To create the products can be real hard work. Certainly nothing passive about the researching, writing and marketing of your product.

But...

Once you're done, you can create a RESIDUAL INCOME that pays out time and time and time again with very little work on your part.

Create 2 or 3 products and you can seriously impact on your income. Create 50-some like Ryan Lee and, hey presto, welcome to millionairesville!

So get crackin'

Don't sit around complaining about how you never get any good breaks. Go make 'em.

Create your products, create your books, your videos, your DVD's and make 'em bloody good. The best you're capable of. Put the highest level of excellence you can into everything you do and I guarantee, within 3-6 months you'll be hearing that little 'click' in your inbox that tells you you've just written YOUR next vacation (or swimming pool, or new car or....)

Truth, joy and love

Dax

P.S - Unabashed self-promotion time...

If you're struggling to get moving on your projects or just breaking free of the inertia that's holding you back then sign up for my excellence module over at http://www.personaltrainersuccessacademy.com/curriculum.htm

It's only $99 (£50) but is seriously priceless in terms of how much you'll achieve in 30 days. Failing that, spend $55 over at www.themagichundred.com and find out why Bob Proctor of 'The Secret' absolutely loves the program.

1 comment:

Maki Riddington said...

Thanks for the motivation Dax! 2008 is my year to start getting a piece of that passive income pie.