Sunday 26 October 2008

How I Quadrupled My List Opt-Ins and Sales

Well, this weekend's Personal Trainer Success Seminar with Craig Ballantyne in London was definitely a hit.

We had 35 VERY happy fitness professionals leave that room room by the end of the seminar with an action plan of EXACTLY what to to make a huge impact on their business success quickly.

Craig and I really spilled the beans on every single 'secret', strategy or skill we've used to build our businesses both online and of and, unless I'm sorely mistaken, we're going to be hearing one heck of a lot of success stories coming from that little group real soon.

Now, one of the BIG questions people were asking was how it was that Craig and I had managed to build such big lists of red-hot prospects who were interested in our products and services. Obviously, we spoke about many of the usual things that you probably know about like offering bonuses, 'selling the free', creating irresistible offers etc, but the room was practically agog when I explained the one thing that I've been doing recently to not only build my list faster but also to convert many of those prospects to customers.

I guess it's because it's pretty contrarian (Like a lot of my ideas) and goes against what most people think will work best.

What is it?

Well, it's FORCED OPT IN.

That means, quite simply, that I only allow people access to my site and the fitness marketing information on it once they've provided me with their contact details. The landing page has no clickable links, there's nowhere else to go, nothing to look at no information to learn. There's just the intro to the site and the opt in box... nothing else.

You'd think that would put people off, right?

But it doesn't.

In fact, it works the exact opposite way.

It serves to qualify my prospects and, if anything, make them want to know more.

I've quadrupled both the number of signups and the number of sales I make from visitors to my site from this one technique alone and I'm about to roll the system out to many of my other 'free access' sites very soon now that I'm certain it works.

You should too!

Just try it out on your site for a couple of weeks and measure the effectiveness of it for yourself and I'm sure you'll be hooked like I am.

Go on then, get to it! : )

Dax Moy
www.personaltrainersuccessacademy.com


P.S - Tomorrow I'll tell you about the other most effective system for converting visitors to my site. It too increased my opt ins by 400-500% when I first applied it... I'm stunned that I don't see any other fitness professionals using it!

3 comments:

Mark Hibbitts said...

Like all the best ideas, simple but brilliant. I'm going to do this myself asap.

If you think about it, anyone who doesn't want to visit your site enough to put their details isn't interested in buying your stuff anyway

BRIGHTON KETTLEBELLS said...

Hi Dax,
Can you recommend any "opt in" software or providers out there please?
Thanks again,

Christian Vila
BRIGHTON KETTLEBELLS

Craig Ballantyne, CTT, Certified Turbulence Trainer said...

Great working with you on the weekend Dax. This was just one of the killer tips you gave...I'm still going through the notes I made while you dished it out!

Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS
http://www.TurbulenceTraining.com