Monday 17 March 2008

21 Seriously Sexy Web Traffic Generation Tips

Well, my new round of coaching students have just completed week one of their year-long training in how to build the ultimate Personal Training business both online and off.

Their first week's training revolved around developing the Excellence Strategy that would underpin every single strategy and tactic that we cover throughout the remaining 51 weeks and, needless to say, it rocked their world!

Seriously, this module is a seriously powerful stuff and generates some amazing results in a ridiculously rapid time.

(5 of my students wrote me this weekend to tell me they've been more productive this week than they have in the entires 3 month period before).

But that's not why I'm writing to you, I digress... as usual : )

The reason I'm writing is because, despite not teaching the full lead generation strategies until later in the program, I decided to start this program differently and give each of my students a 'homework' task that would prove to both themselves and me, what could be achieved in a very short period of time when the right principles were followed.

I decided to share 3 of the simplest and easiest to action web traffic strategies I know and see who would use them and bring them to life.

I'm pleased to say they all did... and with amazing results!

In just 1 week, one of my students had a 400% increase in traffic to his site. This is with no other changes other than those I advised.

Another of my students saw his site climb several places in Google during the same time, whilst another still told me of the most signups to his newsletters that he's ever had in a month, let alone a week.

Not bad huh?

But I bet you want to know what they did don't you?

It's simple, they just followed a basic, yet amazingly effective series of principles related to web traffic generation.

And I'm going to share them with you over the next 21 days, starting today : )

Seriously Sexy Strategy #1

Blog Like Mad

Yep, I know you already know this one (or think you do), but unless you're on page 1, 2 or 3 of Google, you're simply not doing it right.

Sorry, but that's how it is.

For a start, you need to ask these questions?

1. Are my posts relevent to my target market? - If they're not then why bother?

2. Are my posts loaded with keywords that my target market will actually search for? - You should know these keywords and use 'em throughout your posts without stuffing.

3. Do other blogs link to mine creating backlinks? If not you're seriously missing out. Start by asking your firends and colleagues (or mastermind group) to link to you in exchange for your link to them, then cast your net further afield to get as many relevent links as possible.

4. Am I submitting my blog to relevent blog directories like www.blogcatalog.com so that they get indexed and picked up by others who're looking for content like mine?

5. Am I posting regularly? There's no getting around this, if you're not posting regularly enough (I can be guilty of this when I get really busy) then you simply won't be able to create enough links back to your main sites to get picked up on Google.

There you go.

Now, I know it's hardly the most complete list and there's more to generating leads with blogs than what I've just covered but seriously, 99% of those reading this won't even do these 5 things, let alone the rest.

If you're one of those that DOES then you're certain to see your web traffic increase in just a week or so like my students did (And they're paying $10,000 each for this information -and more, of course- so you shouldn't underestimate it).

So get to it Dax, try out this blogging strategy and see what it does for you.

I'm looking forward to hearing of your success.

Truth, joy and love

Dax

P.S - My excellence strategy was a major part of the success my students achieved with their traffic generation this past week. If you want to get your hands on the excellence module of my 2 year diploma, then go to http://www.personaltrainersuccessacademy.com/curriculum.asp and nab a copy for yourself

4 comments:

DaxMoy said...

Absolutely true, nevertheless, the link swapping strategy is powerful enough in itself and shows up in ALL pages of your blog as live hyperlinks.

Comments are fantastic, but unfortunately, few people write enough comments to be of real impact on most people's blogs (there are many thousands of PT's who read this blog yet so few ever post).

Secondly, the commenting strategy, whilst valid and powerful in and of itself, can be a bit hit and miss.

Look at your comment above. The http:// has not become a hyperlink at all, and so the comment from a linking strategy perspective doesn't impact nearly as much as it could, right? : )

DaxMoy said...

Absolutely true, nevertheless, the link swapping strategy is powerful enough in itself and shows up in ALL pages of your blog as live hyperlinks.

Comments are fantastic, but unfortunately, few people write enough comments to be of real impact on most people's blogs (there are many thousands of PT's who read this blog yet so few ever post).

Secondly, the commenting strategy, whilst valid and powerful in and of itself, can be a bit hit and miss.

Look at your comment above. The http:// has not become a hyperlink at all, and so the comment from a linking strategy perspective doesn't impact nearly as much as it could, right? : )

Noe Lyons said...

The link does not show up because you do not allow it! Other on Bloggar (and elswhere) do which encourages people to comment.

I commit to commenting 10 min a day (I use special software), especially where sites have a pagerank ranking. This is paying off as over time, I am collecting many inbound links, which boosts the number of trails (traffic) into my websites.

And that's the real key - traffic + credibility. SEO is not relevant to most PTs - they should concentrate on local search tactics alone.

Plus remember if you market like everyone else, you will get their results. In certain areas (marketing being a prime case) it sometimes pays to not just think outside the box, but to delete the box totally, when online! This is how "the latest best thing" happens online - first through trial + experimentation.

Plus you now have some extra unique content within your post and everyone loves a little debate which sends others via word-of-mouth to check out your post to find out what all the fuss is about. That's Buzz marketing for you!

Finally your point about the links showing up on ALL pages is a keen observation. If they are coming back in, you can get a PR of 3 like yourself. But all too often I see it done badly and there's all these links going out on EVERY page with few coming back in - and their sites don't rank at all!

DaxMoy said...

Hey Noel

I agree with you... on some parts : )

First, personal trainers should definitely focus on getting more local coverage than they tend to, however, the internet and bogs are international and, at the end of the day, inbound links are inbound links : )

Regardless of the geographical region they come from, they all add up.

Though that's not to underestimate local impact, just that when it comes to linking it has as much to do with quantity as quality (though quality links from relevent sites are still obviously essential).

For example, I noted that Personaltraineru.com has 41 inbound links whereas your site has 43 whereas personal trainersuccessacademy has 143 (Ryan's cleaning up with relatively few inbounds : ) )

Yet linking strategies are not the be all and end all as you know. Important, but there's a lot more.

So no, most PT's shouldn't spend nearly as much time as they do on SEO, instead they should focus on creating great, and regular content and drive traffic to site that people will want to stay at.

Regarding link swapping, this only works if all parties are actually swapping : )

Most don't.

Interesting stuff and obviously, may way to approach this... thinking and BEING outside of the box is definitely the way ahead.

Take care mate!

Dax