Sunday 16 March 2008

Eyes, Throat and Groin - Success And Marketing Lessons For All Personal Trainers

(Warning: If you don't respond well to being kicked in the ass thenyou might want to skip this message... )


Despite the fact that it's midnight on Sunday here in the UK and I've had a long day and an early start set for tomorrow, I felt theneed to share something with you.

It's something that'll (hopefully) set you straight with regards to some of the things that you feel might be holding you back from achieving your goals for your PT business... and indeed, your life!

(And don't worry, I'm not trying to sell you a thing so read this whole message through from start to finish)

Before I get to the main thrust of this message, let me first tell you why I felt the need to write it...

(This is the bit where you can imagine that wavy 'dream scene'effect that you see in the movies when people are thinking back...)

Since last weekend I've recieved well over 500 emails from personal trainers from all around the world who've been asking me forinformation about my audios, my mentor program, my apprentice program and, well, just about every permutation of PT Success question you can ask.

Like many of the guys who play at the top level in this profession,I enjoy these questions and am both flattered by the attention andtruly appreciative of the trust being placed upon me by the personasking the questions.

Yet this week I felt different.

I felt frustrated.

To be honest, I felt pissed off!

(Hey, excuse the cussing butthat's honestly how I felt)

Now, I'm not someone who gets pissed off easily, I'm a pretty laidback guy, so when I feel this way I always try to get to the bottomof it quickly, identify the cause and insert a solution.
So, why was I pissed off, I asked myself.


Maybe it was the excuses I was hearing from personal trainerstelling me that, for some reason known only to them, that life washarder in THEIR town than it was in mine, that there was morecompetition, more unemployment, more racism, sexism or [insert
excuse here].

Maybe it was the insistance of so many that they'd 'Triedeverything' and none of it worked in THEIR town.

Maybe it was the large majority of emails from trainers who weretelling me that they would love to earn a great income but whooutright refused to buy the educational e-books from any of the guyswho are making six figures and more.

(And no, I don't just mean me. Alwyn Cosgrove, Pat Rigsby, JimLabadie, Ryan Lee, Bedros Keulian, Phil Kaplan, Eric Ruth, Tom Terwilliger all have great stuff... and I own most of it)

Maybe it was none of these things, maybe it was all three but likeI said, today I just had enough.
Now, don't get me wrong, I love this profession, I love the peoplein it and yes, I LOVE the contact I have with the thousands ofreaders of my newsletter.

But there's something I can't stand....

Lies!

And that's why I got pissed off this week. People were lying. Notjust to me but, more importantly, to themselves.

They were buying into a heap of crap that told them that the reasonthey're not doing as well as they could be is because somethingexternal, something OTHER was holding them up and keeping them fromthe success they truly deserve.

Like I said... Crap!

The lack of success that any one of us is experiencing at anymoment in time is our own fault. We're responsible. We're the onesto point the finger at.

But like I said, I don't just like to look at problems, I want tounderstand why and then find the solution.

Well, I spent the week looking at the problems in detail. I meanREALLY in detail. And I noticed that they were all the same!

Whether they were about getting clients, keeping clients, earningmore per hour, creating e-products, websites or audio programs, theproblem came back to one thing and one thing only...

Lack of focus.

I don't mean that people didn't know what they wanted (though manywere pretty vague) but rather that their energies weren't focused on getting what they wanted?

Huh?

Let me explain.

Many of you know that I served with some of the foremost units ofthe British Army. During my training I was trained to a high standard in unarmed combat techniques against guns, knives, batons and assorted martial arts.

The training was very tough, very brutal and highly effective.

Yet it only lasted around 30 hours in total.

By the end of that time, I and my colleagues were able to stand toeto toe with assorted blackbelts in Aikido, Jiu Jitsu, Tae Kwondo,Muay Thai, Karate, Kung Fu and numerous other and WITHOUT EXCEPTION put each one of these guys on the floor within seconds regardless
of their size, strength, speed or skill or the fact that they eachhad between 15-20 years of experience.

How did we do it?

Simple. We took out the targets that would have the most impact!

Eyes, throat and groin.

You see, each one of these masters was a sportsman.

They were greater in speed, strength and skill than most of us guys but they'd lacked the one thing that we had plenty of.

FOCUS.

For these guys it was all about creating beautiful punches, kicksand throws whilst for us it was about disabling and even killing an enemy soldier so that we could complete our mission.

Eyes, throat and groin made that possible.

It was never pretty but always highly effective and NEVER failed.

What's this got to do with how I started this email? What's it got to do with becoming a PT
Success story?

Well think about it.

In every problem you face in building your success there is, ineffect, the eyes, throat and groin of that problem. These are the things that will make the biggest impact in getting to where you want to go.

'Take out' those things and the rest of the problem falls away,just like the masters in the example above.

When you apply eyes-throat-groin to whatever you currently happen to be bitching about it goes away. And it goes away fast.

Regardless of the problem you currently face, attack it full onwith eyes-throat-groin and it'll fall faster than you'd everbelieve.

Here endeth my rant! : )

Dax

www.personaltrainersuccessacademy.com/curriculum.asp
www.daxmoy-pts.co.uk

P.S - This very message is an example of eyes-throat-groin.

You'll either be offended and unsubscribe or you'll think it was great and take action.

Either way, I win and remove my 'problem'

No comments: