Thursday 11 September 2008

You Only Get Paid For 'Done'!

Every single day I get emails from my readers asking me to help them with their businesses.

"What am I doing wrong?"
They ask.

"I'm doing everying I'm being told to do by all the fitness marketing experts!"

"I'm doing my website stuff, my email stuff, my listbuilding stuff, my public speaking stuff, my free report stuff...

I'm doing all of it but I still haven't seen any real difference in my business. What am I doing wrong????"


This kind of question used to baffle me, both personally and as a success coach. I'd think to myself, 'they seem to be doing everything right, what's the problem here?'.

Then, one day when I found myself going through a sticking point in my business I stumbled across the answer and, since I did, I've managed to see not only my own profits explode but those of every student I work with.

The answer?

The focus on 'doing' instead of 'done'.

You see, we all get ADD when it comes to our own businesses.

We have attention deficit disorder to the degree that we feel that the success we're looking for can only be achieved by doing.

"Do more!" becomes our mantra as we attempt to add to our bottom line.

So we do more.

We start another report... even though the last one isn't finished yet.

We create a second website... even theough the first isn't converting yet.

We run another ad series... even though the last one hasn't finished or its effectiveness measured.

We do more and more and more.

But doing more doesn't really cut it when it comes to success. We don't get paid for what we're DOING. If we did then most of us would be millionaires by now.

The truth of the matter is, you only get paid for what you've DONE.

Obvious really, but most truths are.

Nonetheless, this is the most critical lesson you'll ever learn about achievement in ANY field of endeavor.

Get stuff done!

It bears repeating; you only get paid for DONE.

So don't add more to your to do list. In fact, rip the darn thing up and focus on 1 or 2 really important things and get them done, get paid and get to getting something else done.

Just stop doing, ok?

To your success!

Dax Moy
www.personaltrainersuccessacademy.com

P.S - It was only once Tim Goodwin moved from DOING to DONE that
his business success really 'arrived'

"Since first coming on the course 18 months ago, the change in my fitness business has been immense.

In the first 12 months, i went from a part time disorganised business which earned me very little in terms of a sustaining income to a full time business with a intern trainer taking on clients, multiplying my income by 4!

This year, i have gone on to having a waiting list for both my own and my other coaches appointment book, but still only taking clients for four 7 hour days a week. I have increased my monthly income by 30% in the last 4 months with the creation of an incredibly popular group training program. From September I will be running a new Intern training program to bring on at least 2 new coaches to join my team, finishing a couple of new information products, as well as inducting a few trainers to run the group training workouts leaving me more time to work on my business.

I consistently attract better performing, better paying and happier clients, and all this despite more than doubling my fees under Dax's advice.

I see myself now at phase 2 of my development, now with many systems in place, and more coaches joining me, I see this next 12 months as the opportunity to build a true business that works for me rather than the other way around!

Yes there has been some difficult times, where I did not know which way was up, but the books I have read and the advice I have taken on board from the mentor program has allowed me to come through these times stronger and better prepared for the future.

It is impossible to say which part of the Mentor program has given me the most benefit, it is not JUST the marketing, or the system building, or the mindset, it really is the complete mentoring program."


Tim Goodwin
Getfit.lu

Enough said...
Get It Done!!!! : )

No comments: