Monday 2 March 2009

Your Questions Answered: How To Attract Affiliates To Your Product Launches




















Well, I asked for questions about how I could help you with your fitness business and I certainly got them... HUNDREDS of them!

Yes, I got a few here on the blog but my Personal Trainer Success Community PM inbox and my private email box got a ton too.

So it looks like you'll be getting a good few blog posts from me for a while as I answer them all : )

Now, my first question has been asked by about 20 people so far so I'll start with this...


"Hey Dax

I need to know how to get good affiliates on board to help sell my Go Sleeveless program.

I've become all to aware that you can have the best product in the world, and even a decent sized list, but if no affiliates are interested, nothing happens.

I am assuming most of the steady flow of traffic and daily sales on most fitness pro's sites are driven by affiliate sales, so that's why I ask.

Maybe I am wrong on this? Maybe we need to drive our own traffic?

Dunno, I'm confused.

Love to hear your input mate!"


Rylan Duggan

My Answer...


Hey Rylan (and everyone else with an affiliate question).

Whilst I'm not the leading expert on affiliate marketing, I've had a fair bit of success at being an affiliate myself and recruiting others to my own products so I'm confident that what I'm about to share with you will work well.

First, the key to affiliate marketing is to be prepared.

By this, I mean having your product 100% finished, your website up, your copy written, your affiliate provider (clickbank for instance) prepared, your download pages ready, your auto responders set up and, to all intents and purpose, a fully functioning product that I could buy right now if I wanted to.

Nothing kills possible affiliate deals faster than having to wait for things to 'get ready'. Affiliates, the good ones anyway, are business people and they want ready-made.

Second, have all the traffic generation materials prepared .

This means keyword rich articles (in abundance), youtube videos (again, keyword rich), blogposts etc that your affiliates can point their lists to during the course of the promotion you'll be running.

Failing to provide this material pretty much kills any affiliate promotion dead.

Third, test small.

Start with a 'soft launch' to your own lists and gather data on click through rates, conversions etc before you approach the big boys. I know this is different to most of the launches you've seen but understand, these are to bigger lists with networks of other trainers supporting them.

As a first timer or newbie you need to think differently.

Gather your data and THEN approach the bigger affiliates and tell them how well you convert... and they'll love you for it.

As they say 'time spent in reconnaissence is never wasted'.

Fourth, use a 'reason why' approach to your launch

People will act if you give them a reason to. 'Because I'm Launching' is rarely one that engenders action. Sometimes it does but not often. Tie it into something. A national day, a movie release, your birthday. It doesn't matter, but give your release a reason why.

Fifth, don't just 'go for the goodies'

Most launches look like this;

Friday you announce a three day sale starting monday.

Monday you launch with an email telling people to visit your site and buy your product.

Tuesday is the same.

Wednesday you tell 'em to hurry as the sale is ending.

Game over.

That's it.

Sure, there's a bit more... but not much!

Instead, play the long game.

Think of a launch as a 28 day conversation.

This reduces the 'stress' to sell.

Have a conversation about fat loss, ask what the main problems your readers (or your affiliates readers face), answer their problems, give them articles related to your product, send them to videos that reinforce your message and, of course, funnel them through an opt in page.

DON'T squeeze them for the sale.

Just talk.

As you move toward the last week, put them on standby for the main event.

If you do this right, you won't need to sell, they'll want to buy. Big difference!

In short, make your launch an 'event' NOT a sale.

People don't like to be sold, but they'll line up around the block for an event, right?

And so will affiliates who, when they see how your launch is lined up, will smell easy money and jump at the chance to work with you.

There you go! : )

Dax Moy
www.personaltrainersuccess.ning.com
The Web's Largest FREE Online
Community For Fitness Professionals

Go on then... gimme more questions : )

1 comment:

Bryan kavanagh said...

Whoever sent you that question read my mind Dax!

Me and Ian were wondering how we would run a 'paddys day' promo. . being the only Irish people with an info product we thought it would be a great idea!

then we were like. . .okaaaaay how do we do that! haha

ABS for paddys day. . any takers? :-) we've got 2 weeks!


Bryan

http://www.twitter.com/bryan_kavanagh