Tuesday 1 April 2008

Seriously Sexy Personal Trainer Traffic Generation Tip #4

I've been getting some great feedback about the tips I've been sharing here on the blog (but not enough comments here on the site!) : ) and the pretty rapid results that people have been getting from them.

It seems (as I always thought) that the simplest ideas are the best.

Well, today I'm going to share another really simple to execute yet very powerful traffic generation tip that'll increase your findability in the internet and contribute to even more traffic.

Oh yes, and it's free!

What is it?

It's using online classified advertising.

No, I don't mean posting one pokey little ad once in a while, I mean committing to posting target, lead generating ads to very specific web pages upon your sites or blogs.

How does it work?

Very simply.

First, create 5 or 6 different classified ads with great headlines that are relevent to your offering and, of course, keyword rich.

For example, you might say "The fastest fat loss program in [yourtown] or your money back!" or "Top [yourtown] fitness expert reveals the truth about fat loss in special free report"

Then go on to explain how you work, what the report contains and where they can find out more.

The next, and vitally important step is to send them to a specific landing page on your website that relates to to the ad. This is usually NOT the homepage.

(Ideally, you want them to give your their email address and name so that you can build a relationship with them over time)

Make sure that you use the full http:// before your www. so that you get an active hyperlink to your site. Not only will this make the reader's navigation that much easier but you'll be seeding the internet with valuable backlinks to your site too.

Now, you're probably wondering where you should load these ads right?

Try www.craigslist.org or www.freeads.com for a start. There are many other places online too and a simple Google search will help you find more, but these should be your starting point and main 'seeding' ground for the ads.

The reason is that Craigslist especially is a very heavily used site with great pagerank and a lot of Google attention due to its constantly changing content. By adding content here you get to piggyback their popularity and benefit greatly.

Now the 'magic' part (it's not really magic, just common sense really) :)

Commit to adding 5 ads a day EVERY day.

You don't have to re-write the entire ad.

Use a different headline, switch some sentences around, change a word here and there but commit to 5 ads a day and you'll see not only an increase in your web traffic but also your general google findability too.

This is SERIOUSLY worth it.

5 Ads a day will create 150 new ads for your and your business, 150 new backlinks to your site and literally thousands of new google search returns for you and your products.

This is literally a 10 minute a day strategy but it'll deliver you some amazing results.

Give it a try!

Dax Moy
www.personaltrainersuccessacademy.com

If you want to learn how to write seriously impactful advertisements to make the most of this strategy then grab a copy of Scientific Advertising For The Fitness Professional today and watch the traffic pour in!

7 comments:

Darren Ellis said...

Great tip Dax!

I agree with you bigtime on this one.

My site is a template WYSIWYG setup, hosted on Homestead. As such, the SEO is not so hot.

The only thing that has consistently bought a mention of my site to the front page of Google has been all the local directories. From entertainment sites to local suburb websites, they're all great places to get a link from.

Darren
www.guerrillafitness.co.nz

Charlie said...

I have just started putting ads on craigslist, but I will now start doing at least 5 a day.

I used to work in real estate and our target was 30 craigslist ads a day, and I did indeed get a lot of calls off of them. Why hadn't I thought of doing high volume with my new training business??

Charlie Fields, RKC
In-Home Personal Trainer
San Diego, CA
http://homobody.com

Alex Poole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alex Poole said...

Hi Dax,

Great tip thanks.

I started just such a campaign last week but did not think to mix up the ad wording or have a specific page url. I was just sending them to www.kineticfitness.co.uk

Thanks again,
Alex
www.alexpoole.tv

The Fit Dad said...

That's awesome Dax!

You give such awesome information. I've been putting your most recent tips to good use and am already seeing results.

Thanks again!

Ed
http://www.fatlosstogo.com
http://www.elswellness.com

Isaac Wilkins said...

Hey Dax, great stuff as usual. I've really enjoyed learning from you and had a great time (and success!) with the 12 Days of Fitness earlier this year. I can't wait for next year!

Anyway, this was a fantastic article. I've found that using CraigsList for my personal training service, locally, has done a really good job of lead generation. That's with just running an ad or two per week in a relatively small market. As I get ready to start launching my products I'll be looking to run a bunch of ads, I assure you!

Oh, and before anyone says that CraigsList isn't the place to go to offer bigger ticket services, I beg to differ. I'm not a low cost trainer, and the vast majority of the leads I've garnered from CraigsList haven't had any price objections.

Jeremy and Alissa Nelms said...

Dax, great tip! Alissa and I use Craigslist and have been getting about 1-2 clients per month from it. You can't go wrong with FREE advertising!

We haven't done 5 ads a DAY, though, so thanks for the push!

Jeremy and Alissa Nelms
www.TheFitCouple.com